I got bored...

News artcles from the front page. Comment on them here.
NeoThermic
Site Owner
Site Owner

I got bored...

Post by NeoThermic » Sun, 04 2005 Sep 22:22:38

And I decided to see if I could get MathML working in phpBB. After nearly introducing a huge secuirty hole, I ended up fixing that, and going for a whitelist of MathML items. Thus, here is some MathML to prove that:

[mathml] <mrow> <munderover> <mo>∑</mo> <mrow> <mi>n</mi> <mo>=</mo> <mn>0</mn> </mrow> <infinity></infinity> </munderover> <mfrac> <mn>1</mn> <mrow> <mi>n</mi> <mo>!</mo> </mrow> </mfrac> </mrow>[/mathml]

Tada!

You *will* need either FireFox, Opera, a good browser, or a plugin for IE to view the MathML. If you don't have any, get Firefox or something, as IE sucks ;)

NeoThermic

dhn

Post by dhn » Mon, 05 2005 Sep 12:51:54

You should mention that even with MathML capable browsers, you need to install fonts to correctly display it. ;)

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/fonts/

Oh, and your VCS <censored> sucks, I am now on my tenth try and wasn't yet able to post.

SHS`

Post by SHS` » Tue, 06 2005 Sep 00:44:55

Pity the phpBB bit (this) isn't very XMLified... ;)

Dominik seems to love being tripped up by VCS... I don't think we need further proof that it's because he sucks. ;)

NeoThermic
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by NeoThermic » Tue, 06 2005 Sep 00:49:25

SHS` wrote:Pity the phpBB bit (this) isn't very XMLified... ;)

Still in testing. Use the XHTML=1 debug value:

https://neothermic.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 34&XHTML=1

SHS` wrote:Dominik seems to love being tripped up by VCS... I don't think we need further proof that it's because he sucks. ;)

Hehe. If he's so botherd by 10 attempts, he should of registerd, as they don't need to enter in a VCS code :)

NeoThermic

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll » Tue, 06 2005 Sep 11:08:47

I have the firefox fonts, but mathML is still not showing correctly,

I noticed this too trying to jump through hell enabling mathML on my blog, a BBcode seems much less trivial now. Anyway the summation's n= should be under the summation symbol, and in my blog at least the to value isn't even displayed when it's meant to be on top of. I did use wolfram's mathml viewing and previewed the mathML as a gif, so it's supposed to render correctly. Maybe it will only display correctly dare I say it in IE6 with the mathType plugin (which I've yet to try, but their word equation editor plugin was awesome, I wish the demo didn't expire :(, and it costs too much to buy)

edit: and dhn/SHS`, slackers for not registering :P
I am something
thats right the MOD Team.

NeoThermic
Site Owner
Site Owner

Post by NeoThermic » Tue, 06 2005 Sep 16:58:35

smithy_dll wrote:I have the firefox fonts, but mathML is still not showing correctly

Where? On the index or here? If here, make sure you're using the XHTML flag (link in my previous post).

smithy_dll wrote:Anyway the summation's n= should be under the summation symbol

Thats due to me stripping all newlines in the [mathml] tags, as any newlines will actually be converted to illegal <br />'s

If you can think of away around it, it will help :P

NeoThermic

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll » Tue, 06 2005 Sep 22:50:33

index
I am something
thats right the MOD Team.

Post by Guest » Sun, 02 2006 Apr 23:01:26

[mathml]e^2[/mathml]