Here is the basic spec sheet:
- Intel Northwood Pentium 4 3GHz
- 512MB DDR-400 RAM
- AOpen AX4SPE-UN (5 PCI, 1 AGP, 4 DIMM, Audio, LAN) -- based around the Intel Springdale i865PE chipset
- ATi RADEON 9600 Pro, 256 MB
- Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller
- Maxtor 6Y120M0 (120 GB, 7200 RPM, Serial-ATA/150)
- Maxtor 6Y120L0 (120 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/133)
- ST380012A (80 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
- SONY DVD RW DW-D22A
- Logitech Keyboard and wireless mouse
- HP PSC 1315 printer & scanner combo
- Creative SBS260 speakers
Its a nice healthy computer. I added the two extra IDE HD's (the 120GB and the 80GB) myself to complement the storage.
The DVD-RW drive is listed as being:
- CD - 40x
- CD-R - 40x
- CD-RW - 24x
- DVD-R - 8x
- DVD-RW - 4x
- DVD+R - 16x
- DVD+RW - 4x
- DVD+R DL - 4x
Its very snappy. Full CD in just a shade under 2.5 mins. I'm happy!
I'm planning to add an extra 512MB RAM (keeping the dual channel by getting two sticks of 256MB). Plus I want to get some cathode lights for the case. Any suggestions?
You can see pics of the new compter (inside and out) here:
Thats about all. I've got to finish this report, then catch some sleep, and awake in about 4 hours time to attend the practical that requires this report! joy!