Its been a short year. Its only 366 days ago that I was turning 18. Now I'm 19. and there's only 365 days till I'm 20. and only 730 days till I'm 21.
Makes you think, doesn't it?
I'm typing this at about 2am, so I've only been 19 for 2 hours. (or, if you take my real birth time, I've got another 21 hours and 40 odd mins to go).
For more numbers:
Nineteen is the 8th smallest prime number. The sequence continues 23, 29, 31, 37... 19 is the seventh Mersenne prime exponent.
It is also a Keith number, because it recurs in a Fibonacci-like sequence started from its base 10 digits: 1, 9, 10, 19...
With respect to divisibility, nineteen has a very simple test: 19 divides 100*a+b if and only if it divides a+4*b.
Nineteen is a centered triangular number, centered hexagonal number, and an octahedral number.
Every positive integer is the sum of at most nineteen fourth powers.
The decimal expansion of 1/19 has a period of maximum length: 18 digits.
Nineteen is a Heegner number.
Nineteen is also a Happy Number.
And for other misc 19 related facts:
- The atomic number of potassium.
- The nineteenth state to enter the Union was Indiana.
- part of the name of a breakfast cereal: Product 19.
- The Soviet submarine K-19 was the first Soviet nuclear ballistic submarine
- I-19 is the designation for a US interstate highway in Arizona.
- 19 years is very close to 235 lunations. See Metonic cycle.
- A significant recurring number in the Dark Tower novels by author Stephen King.
- The number of angels guarding Hell according to the Qur'an: "Upon it is nineteen" (74:30)
- The number of surat Maryam in the Qur'an
- The number of letters in the basmala formula "In the Name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate" in Arabic
- A key number in the unorthodox theories of Rashad Khalifa about the Qur'an
From the Wikipedia article on 19
Well, I'm off for some sleep!